55. PETERSON, John Samuel, was born 20 February 1850 in TN. He was the son of John PETERSON and Ann RYAN. He was the father of Lawrence PETERSON (#56). He married Margaret CLEAR 18 March 1876 in Anderson County, TN. They had 8 children with 6 living in 1910. They were: Cora E., born February 1877; John H., born July 1879; unknown male, born 18 November 1881; Lawrence A. (#56); Bertha, born 8 January 1888; and, Margaret Ann "Annie", born 10 June 1890, all in TN. Margaret was the daughter of Henry CLEAR and Mary SCRUGGS. Margaret lost her husband and son (#56) in the explosion.
56. PETERSON, Lawrence A., was born 5 July 1883 in Jacksboro, Campbell County, TN. He was the son of John Samuel PETERSON (#54) and Margaret CLEAR. He was unmarried.
57. PHILLIPS, Daniel "Dan", was born 28 February 1884 in TN. He was the son of Albert Thomas PHILLIPS and Mary Elizabeth "Eliza" DAUGHERTY. He married Hattie MARLIN 22 August 1902 in Anderson County TN. They had 4 children with 3 living in 1910. They were: Early, born 1904; Luther, born 28 June 1905; and, Ada, born 1908, all in TN. Hattie was the daughter of James "Jim" MARLIN (#37) and Belle HUDSON. Hattie married Harvey MILLER 9 September 1912 in Anderson County, TN. They had 2 children: William "Willie", born 27 June 1913, and Ruby, born 1918, both in TN. Hattie lost her husband; her father, James (#37); and brother, Charley (#36) MARLIN, in the explosion.
58. POLSTON, Lee, was born about 1884 in TN. He married Anna "Annie" CRAIG 18 January 1907 in Anderson County, TN. They had 2 children: Lewis E., born 27 November 1908, and Kenneth, born 1912, both in TN. Anna was the daughter of Isaac Shell CRAIG and Jessabel Elizabeth BRADEN. Anna married Walter L. VENABLE 19 April 1914 in Anderson County, TN.
59. PRYOR, Durvin, was born 8 April 1894 in KY. He was the son of Nicholas V. PRYOR and Lula QUILLEN. He was unmarried.
60. RIDENOUR, Francis Marion, was born 11 September 1880 in TN. He was the son of William Frank RIDENOUR and Matilda Ann "Tilda" COX. He was the brother of Joseph T. "Joe" RIDENOUR (#61). He married Martha Catherine POLSTON 24 July 1905 in Anderson County, TN. They had 2 children: William Robert, born 16 April 1906, and Rosa "Rossie", born 1909, both in TN. Martha was the daughter of William Robert POLSTON and Louisa Jane "Eliza" BLIZZARD. Martha married William B. "Bill" HILL 25 December 1918 in Anderson County, TN.
61. RIDENOUR, Joseph T. "Joe", was born 27 April 1888 in TN. He was also a son of William Frank RIDENOUR and Matilda Ann "Tilda" COX. He was the brother of Francis Marion RIDENOUR (#60). He was unmarried.
62. RISDEN, Edward "Ed", was born about October 1885 in Scott County, TN. He was the son of David C. RISDEN and Mary BOLTON. He married Lizzie VINSANT 28 April 1907 in Anderson County, TN. They had 1 child, Edna Mae, born 10 February 1908. Edna's 2006 obituary showed her mother's maiden name as Elizabeth FRALEY. (Note: although Ed RISDEN's tombstone shows a birth date of 13 October 1878, he was age 14 with a birth month and year of October 1885 in the 1900 census for Scott County, TN, and he was not in his parents' household in the 1880 census.)
63. ROBBINS, David J. "Dave", was born January 1894 in TN. He was the son of James ROBBINS and Rachel ROBBINS. He was the brother of Euins ROBBINS (#64). He was unmarried.
64. ROBBINS, Euins, was born October 1892 in TN. He was also a son of James ROBBINS and Rachel ROBBINS. He was the brother of David J. "Dave" ROBBINS (#63). He was unmarried.
65. ROBBINS, James, was born July 1854 in TN. He might have been James ROBBINS, son of Mary ROBBINS, in the 1860 census for Fentress County, TN. He married Rachel ROBBINS 28 December 1890 in Campbell County, TN. They had 11 children. Eight of them were: Euins (#64); David J., (#65); Mossie Belle, born 28 January 1896; Bertha Jane, born 27 December 1900; John, born 1903; Nervia, born 1905; Thomas, born 1907-1908; and, George, born about 1912, all in TN. Rachel was the daughter of William ROBBINS and Sarah CRAIG. Rachel lost her husband and 2 oldest sons in the explosion. Rachel lost her nephew, Charles HUTSON, in the Fraterville explosion.
66. ROLAND, Albert W., was born 16 July 1891 in TN. He was the son of unknown ROLAND and Elizabeth. He was the brother of William P. ROLAND (#67). He married Olla "Ollie" WITT 23 February 1908 in Anderson County, TN. They had 1 child, Thomas H. ROLAND, born about November-December 1909 in TN.
67. ROLAND, William P., was born 11 May 1885 in TN. He was also a son of unknown ROLAND and Elizabeth. He was the brother of Albert W. ROLAND (#66). He was unmarried. In the 1910 census for District 13, Anderson County, TN, Elizabeth, enumerated as ROLLIN, a 60 year-old widow, reported that she had given birth to 11 children and only 4 were alive. Sons, Albert W. (#66) and William P. (#67), were living in her household and both died in the explosion.
68. SHARP, Herman, was born October 1885 in TN. He was the son of George W. SHARP and Phoebe LAY. He was the brother of Robert SHARP (#69). He was unmarried.
69. SHARP, Robert, was born 9 August 1891 in TN. He was also a son of George W. SHARP and Phoebe LAY. He was the brother of Herman SHARP (#68). He was unmarried.
Copyright P. Bailey Francis 15 May 2011
|WHO WERE THE CROSS MOUNTAIN MINERS?|