|WHO WERE THE FRATERVILLE MINERS?|
14. BENNETT, James T., was born 20 September 1878 in TN. He was the son of George Washington "Wash" BENNETT and Martha Ann ADKINS. He was the 1st cousin of Robert Conda "Condy" ADKINS (#2), Joseph Conda (#15) and Charles (#16) BENNETT, and Robert Columbus WILSON (#154). He was unmarried. James' mother, Martha, lost her son; brother, George W. ADKINS (#1); and nephews, Joseph Conda (#15) and Charles (#16) BENNETT, and Robert Columbus WLSON (#154), in the explosion.
15. BENNETT, Joseph Conda, was born 21 July 1882 in TN. He was the son of James A. BENNETT and Melcena Nancy ADKINS. He was the brother of Charles BENNETT (#16). He was unmarried. Melcena lost sons, Joseph Conda (#15), and Charles (#16) BENNETT; brother, George W. ADKINS (#1); and, nephews, James T. BENNETT (#14), and Robert Columbus WILSON (#154) in the explosion.
16. BENNETT, Charles, was born 29 March 1886 in TN. He was also a son of James A. BENNETT and Melcena Nancy ADKINS. He was the brother of Joseph Conda BENNETT (#15); the nephew of George W. ADKINS (#1), and the 1st cousin of Robert Conda ADKINS (#2), James T. BENNETT (#14), and Robert Columbus WILSON (#154). He was unmarried.
17. BRYMER (BRIMMER), Wm., no information.
18. BULLOCK, John Joseph, was born 10 November 1874 in TN. He was the son of William Burton "Buck" BULLOCK and Barbara HATMAKER. He married Lucy HATMAKER 5 November 1896 in Campbell County, TN. They had 2 children: Mossie "Maggie", born 29 November 1897, and Elijah McKinley "Lige", born 20 March 1902, both in TN. Lucy was the daughter of George Washington HATMAKER and Sarah E. "Susan" COOPER. Lucy married Milton "Mitt" HATMAKER 17 August 1904 in Campbell County, TN. They had 2 additional children: Clayton "Goat", born 22 September 1908; and Lula Mae, born 21 January 1915, both in TN.
19. BEACH, Henry Clyde, was born 8 April 1872 in TN. He was the son of William H. "Sun" BEACH and Rebecca ADKINS. He married Eliza Alice WEBB 24 June 1900 in Campbell County, TN. They had 1 child, Henry William, born 1 June 1902 in Campbell County, TN. Eliza was the daughter of William James WEBB (#159) and Rosannah M. "Rosy" LEWALLEN. Eliza married John Wiley COOPER 14 July 1906 in Campbell County, TN. They had 8 children. They were: Clarence "Red", born 16 October 1907; Carl, born 24 August 1909; Gertrude, born 21 December 1911; Edna Lee, born 21 September 1913; Vernon Wiley, born 24 May 1916; Tressie May, born 11 March 1918; Ulys Russell, born 5 February 1920; and, Mabel Rose, born 28 December 1921, all in TN. Eliza also lost her husband; father, William James (#159), and Uncle, Huston M. (#155) WEBB, in the explosion.
20. BRANTLEY, Rosco, was born 12 December 1884 in TN. He was the son of James F. BRANTLEY and Sarah C. EVANS. He was unmarried.
21. CHAPMAN, John C., was born 30 June 1860 in TN. He married Sallie E. about 1881. They had 8 children. They were: Hattie E., born 15 August 1882; Charles J., (#22); Maude M., born September 1887; Frida, born February 1890; Bessie M., born January 1892; Nina V., born May 1894; Joseph, born November 1896; and, an unnamed infant, born 29 June 1899, died 20 February 1900, all in TN. Sallie lost her husband and son in the explosion.
22. CHAPMAN, Charles J., was born 8 October 1884 in TN. He was the son of John C. (#21) and Sallie E. CHAPMAN. He was unmarried.
23. CHAPMAN, Samuel Scott, was born 1 June 1880 in TN. He was the son of Archibald CHAPMAN and Marlena LEINART. He was a 1st cousin of William (#43) and Lindsey Edgar (#44) EVANS. He married Lottie GAYLOR 23 December 1900 in Anderson County, TN. They had 1 child, Avery Scott, born 1903 in TN. Lottie was the daughter of William Riley GAYLOR and Martha BURRIS. Lottie died 8 January 1909.
24. CURNUTT, William, was born 8 September 1874 in TN. He was the son of Henry Frank CURNUTT and Alletha Elizabeth POORE. He married Elizabeth BRANTLEY 23 May 1897 in Anderson County, TN. They had 1 child, John M., born March 1898 in TN. Elizabeth was the daughter of James F. BRANTLEY and Sarah C. EVANS and a sister of Rosco BRANTLEY (#20). Elizabeth lost her husband and brother in the explosion.
25. CHILDRESS, Peter C., was born 16 September 1854 in TN. He was the son of William Carter CHILDRESS and Jane MEADOWS. He married Eliza J. "Elizabeth" BREEDEN 25 July 1881 in Knox County, TN. They had 9 children. They were: William L. (#26); John C. (#27); James C. (#28); Charles, "Charlie", born March 1890; Hattie Jane, born 18 July 1892; Albert, born June 1895; Jesse C., born 1 December 1896; Laura, born November 1898; and, Henry, born 1902. Eliza was the daughter of Mitchell BREEDEN and Sarah GATLIFF. Eliza lost her husband and 3 sons in the explosion.
26. CHILDRESS, William L., was born 9 March 1884 in TN. He was the son of Peter C. CHILDRESS and Eliza J. "Elizabeth" BREEDEN. He was the brother of John C. (#27) and James C. (#28) CHILDRESS. He married Eva S. BULLOCK 17 May 1902, 2 days before the explosion. Eva was the daughter of Travis John Franklin BULLOCK and Mary Ellen THOMASON. Eva married Lewis LLOYD 1 July 1902 in Anderson County, TN. They had 4 children: Minnie, born about 1905; Henry, born about 1908; Dewey, born about 1910; and, Clyde, born about 1913, all in TN. Eva died in 1918. In the 1920 census for Williamson, Mingo County, WV, Lewis and his 4 children were in the household of Lewis' parents, Noah and Julia (Calwell) LLOYD.
P. Bailey Francis Copyright 6 May 2011