|WHO WERE THE FRATERVILLE MINERS?|
39. DAUGHERTY, Noah, was born October 1866 in TN. He was the son of Eliza J. "Louisa" DAUGHERTY. He married Mary COOPER 27 May 1887 in Anderson County, TN. They had 4 children: John H., born 24 April 1890; Eliza Jane "Louisa", born 24 June 1895; Hank, born May 1897; and, Thomas E., born 6 May 1900, all in TN.
40. DAVIES, Thomas "Tommy", was born 5 July 1883 in TN. He was the son of Thomas J. DAVIES and Jane THOMAS, who were immigrants from Wales. He was unmarried.
41. DABNEY, Abner Thomas, was born 14 January 1871 in TN. He was the son of George W. DABNEY and Sarah E. CANNON. He married (1) Elizabeth Ludina "Lizzie" LOVING 4 July 1891 in Campbell County, TN. He married (2) Mary J. DABNEY 6 August 1896 in Campbell County, TN. They had 1 child: Lee, born September 1898 in TN. Lizzie was the daughter of William R. LOVING and Elizabeth Margaret BROOKS. Elizabeth Margaret (Brooks) LOVING was the maternal grand aunt of Robert Conda "Condy" ADKINS (#2); James A. (#11) and Richard S. W. (#12) BROOKS; and, Thomas Lewis "Levi" (#107) and Roy W. M. (#108) RIGGS.
42. DISNEY, Samuel M., was born 24 February 1861 in Campbell County, TN. He was the son of John Rufus "Rufe" DISNEY and Sarah SMITH. He married Susan A. SHARP 2 March 1882 in Anderson County, TN. They had 5 children: John Frank, born March 1883; Maggie M., born 6 June 1886; Dona L., born August 1889; Lee R., born 16 May 1893; and, China Ada, born June 1899, all in TN. Susan was the daughter of Henderson SHARP and Sarah DUKE. Susan was a widow in the 1910 census and showed 4 living children, the youngest 2 of whom were living with her. Susan was the aunt of Alexander "Alex" SHARP (#127), and William Henry (#169) and James H. (#170) WALLACE.
43. EVANS, William, was born February 1884 in TN. He was the son of George W. EVANS and Melcena J. LEINART. He was the brother of Lindsey Edgar (#44) and Charles R. "Charley" (#45) EVANS. He was unmarried.
44. EVANS, Lindsay Edgar, was born 28 February 1878 in TN. He was also a son of George W. EVANS and Melcena J. LEINART. He was a brother of William (#43) and Charles R. "Charley" (#45) EVANS. He was unmarried.
45. EVANS, Charles R. "Charley", was born 4 February 1876 in TN. He was also a son of George W. EVANS and Melcena J. LEINART. He was a brother of William (#43), Lindsay Edgar (#44), and Charles R. "Charley" (#45) EVANS. He was unmarried.
46. EVANS, William John, was born 27 Aug 1874 in Wales. He was the son of John William EVANS and Elizabeth Jane DYER who were married April-June 1873 in the Crickhowell District (Breconshire or Monmouthshire), Wales. He married Latha "Lathie" SHOWN 22 December 1895 in Anderson County, TN. They had 1 child, Irene, born August 1897 in TN. Latha was the daughter of William Carter "Billie" SHOWN and Juliet C. "Julie" THOMAS. Latha married John Taylor BRYANT 22 June 1903 in Anderson County, TN. They had no children.
47. ECKARDT, S. T., was enumerated as Steven ECORD, born December 1870 in Germany, coal miner, in the 1900 census for District 13, Roane County, TN. His original surname was probably ECKHARDT. He had a wife, Anna, and 3 children: Charles "Charlie", born May 1892 in IN; Florence, born May 1895 in OH; and, Ida, born January 1899 in OH. In the 1910 census for Gatliff, Campbell County, TN, the 3 ECKARDT children are step-children in the household of John and Ada TAYLOR.
48. ELLIOTT, John M., was born 6 May 1881 in TN. He was the son of James Madison ELLIOTT and Martha Alice MARTIN. He was unmarried.
49. ELLIOTT, James R., was born 10 May 1885 in TN. He was the son of James W. ELLIOTT and Marlena J. "Maggie/Manerva" CLOTFELTER. He was unmarried.
50. FIELDEN, William, was born 20 May 1880 in TN. He was the son of Dempsey FIELDEN and Elizabeth J. "Betty" LOY. He may be the William FIELDEN who married Lelar WILSON 25 Aug 1899 in Anderson County, TN. They had 1 child, Maggie M., born 20 May 1900 who died 4 October 1901. Lelar may be the Lela FIELDEN who married Charles FIELDEN 9 January 1904 in Anderson County, TN. They had children: Lum, born about 1905, and Fannie, born about 1908, both in TN. They were in the 1910 census for Proctor, Whitley County, KY. Charles FIELDEN was the 1st cousin of William FIELDEN.
51. FOUST, McPherson C. "Mack", was born September 1870 in TN. He was the son of John H. FOUST and Philipena "Pena" BLACK. He married Serelda Frances ADKINS 25 December 1891 in Anderson County, TN. They had 2 children: John E., born August 1896 and Pearl, born February 1899, both in TN. Serelda Frances married Hugh PARROTT 2 February 1903 in Anderson County, TN. They had at least 2 children: Clyde, born 1909 in TN, and Fred, born 1918 in WV.
Copyright P. Bailey Francis 6 May 2011