|WHO WERE THE FRATERVILLE MINERS?|
64. HUTSON, William Scott, was born 3 November 1861 in TN. He was the son of Reuben HUTSON and Emily Jane RAINES. He was a first cousin, once removed, of George S. HUTSON (#65). He married Nancy Ann MASSENGILL 31 October 1890 in Anderson County, TN. They had 2 children: Rosa B., born January 1894 and Mary E., born January 1900, both in TN. Nancy was the daughter of David Samuel "Dave" MASSENGILL and Marintha "Malinda" WALLACE. Nancy lost her husband; brother, Nicholas William "Nicklas" MASSENGILL (#93); and, 1st cousins, John F. WEBBER (#162). and James A. WALLACE (#173), in the explosion.
65. HUTSON, George S., was born 24 November 1877 in TN. He was the son of Isaac G. HUTSON and Mary Jane SHARP. He was the 1st cousin of Charles HUTSON (#66). He married Ada Mae HILL 6 January 1901 in Campbell County, TN. They had no children. Ada Mae was the daughter of Dulin "William" HILL and Elizabeth Jane HEATHERLY. Ada Mae married Caswell Mason STOOKSBURY about 1903. They had 6 children. They were: Lillard Reece, born 28 May 1904; Maynard L., born 4 July 1907; Vonette, born 4 March 1916; Chester Paul, born 11 November 1919; Earl C., born 11 January 1922; and Zuelus (died in infancy).
66. HUTSON, Charles, was born January 1881 in TN. He was the son of Elijah H. HUTSON and Martha ROBBINS. He was a 1st cousin of George S. HUTSON (#65). He was unmarried. Martha (Robbins) HUTSON was a sister of Rachel (Robbins) ROBBINS, wife of James ROBBINS, who was later killed in the Cross Mountain mine explosion.
67. HATMAKER, Levi R., was born 13 January 1885. He was probably the Levi HATMAKER, born January 1885 in TN, boarder in the 1900 census for Campbell County, TN. He was unmarried.
68. HATMAKER, William O., was born 16 March 1868. He was the son of Daniel HATMAKER and Martha Jane HARMON. He was probably the W. O. HATMAKER who married Ella HARMON 27 January 1902 in Anderson County, TN.
69. HILL, George W., was born about 1878. He was the son of Eli H. HILL and Jane JOHNSON. He married Cora PRESNELL 4 December 1899 in Campbell County, TN.
70. HENSLEY, Alphonso, was possibly the person enumerated as Ransy HENSLEY, born September 1881 in TN, coal miner, brother-in-law in the household of John DEZERN (#34) in the 1900 census for District 13, Anderson County, TN.
71. HAYS, William W., was born April 1851 in GA or TN. He was the son of William Jefferson HAYS and Harriett KING. He married Amanda E. BOWLING 30 March 1887 in Anderson County, TN. They had 2 children: William B., born November 1890, and Robert Andrew, born 14 February 1893, both in TN. Amanda was the daughter of Joel BOWLING and Adaline M. CARROLL. Amanda was a widow with both sons in her household in the 1910 census for Coal Creek, Anderson County, TN.
72. LEACH, James Marshall, was born August 1879 in TN. He was the son of John Calvin LEACH and Mary K. ANDREWS. He married Louvina Sadie "Vernie" WEBB 25 July 1893 in Campbell County, TN. They had 3 children: Lissie "Kessie", born 14 November 1895; Samuel N., born August 1898; and, Vera Myrtle, born 3 May 1902, all in Anderson County, TN. Louvina was the daughter of Charles Preston "Christy" WEBB and Sarah Ellen DUNKIN. Louvina married Joseph "Joe" RICHARDS 30 July 1904 in Campbell County, TN. They had at least 4 children: Carl Crane, born 22 August 1907; Nora Bell, born 21 April 1915; Roy Clifford, "Pete", born 28 August 1917; and, Junior.
73. LEINART, James E., was born 9 April 1881 in TN. He was the son of John Alexander LEINART and Larminda E. "Minda" FOUST. He was a 2nd cousin, once removed of Charles Alexander LEINART (#74). He was unmarried.
74. LEINART, Charles Alexander, was born 11 July 1883 in TN. He was the son of William Henry LEINART and Apalonia Elizabeth LEACH. He was unmarried. Apalonia was a 1st cousin once removed of William Luther (#75), and Luke J. (#76) LEACH, and the 1st cousin, twice removed of James Marshall LEACH (#72).
75. LEACH, William Luther, was born 10 February 1868 in TN. He was the son of William LEACH and Mary Jane CHAPMAN. He was the twin brother of J. Luke LEACH (#76). He married Margaret Jane "Maggie" PROBERT 5 August 1900 in Anderson County, TN. They had 1 child, Otis Kyle "O. K.", born 11 August 1901 in TN. Maggie was the daughter of Charles PROBERT and Mary Ollevia "Allie" CHAPMAN. Maggie married John Wesley ALEXANDER 9 June 1904 in Anderson County, TN. They had 3 additional children: Olivia L., born 1906; Marguerite O., born 9 June 1908, both in TN; and, Samuel R., born 11 January 1925 in Ben Hur, VA.
Copyright P. Bailey Francis 6 May 2011