|WHO WERE THE FRATERVILLE MINERS?|
89. MCGHEE, Robert Thornton, was born 28 August 1876 in TN. He was the son of William J. MCGHEE and Susan RICHARDSON. He was unmarried.
90. MCGHEE, B. M. was born 24 March 1870 in TN. He was the son of Alexander L. MCGHEE and Malinda REYNOLDS. He married Martha Melcena "Senia/Cenie" ROBERTS 19 November 1897 in Anderson County, TN. They had 2 children: Clyde "Clydie", born July 1898, and Samuel, born 1900-1901, both in TN. Senia married Harris M. GENTRY 16 September 1903 in Anderson County, TN. They had 1 child, Dewey, born 1908 in TN. Malinda (Reynolds) MCGHEE was a 2nd cousin of William M. REYNOLDS (#104).
91. MURRAY, William, was born 30 November 1860 in TN. He was the son of George MURRAY and Mary Ann HAGGARD. He married Julia C. LINDSAY 11 September 1884 in Campbell County, TN. They had 8 children: Hugh L., born 1885; Mary Ella, born December 1886; Lillie Mae, born March 1889; Herman, born January 1891; Leland R., born October 1892; Mabel C., born March 1895; Tennessee Grace, born March 1897; and, Robert Alonzo, born 1900. Julia was the daughter of Adonijah Thomas LINDSAY and Mary Ann EVANS. Julia died 20 September 1925 in Knoxville, Knox County, TN.
92. MURRAY, Oscar E., was born 19 August 1883. He was probably Oscar MURRAY, born August 1883 in TN, son of Jane MURRAY, in the 1900 census for District 5, Anderson County, TN. He was unmarried.
93. MASSENGILL, Nicholas William "Nicklas", was born 5 October 1869 in TN. He was the son of David Samuel "Dave" MASSENGILL and Marintha "Malinda" WALLACE. He was the brother of Gideon H. "Gid" MASSENGILL (see #5), and the brother-in-law of William Levi MCLIN (#85) and John M. WHITE (#149). He married Nancy Alice AMOS before 1897. They had 6 children: Charley C., born 1887; William F., born July 1891; Nancy Ethel, born July 1893; Maudia May, born July 1895; Malinda Sadie "Linda/Lennie", born 3 March 1897, and Harvey Lee, born 1901, all in TN. Nancy Alice may have been the Nannie AMOS, age 9, daughter of Presley and Mary AMOS, in the 1880 census for Eatons Cross Roads, Loudon County, TN. Alice died October 1903.
94. MCDONALD, James E., was born 20 March 1876 in AL. He married Sofrona "Frona" ROBBINS 20 February 1898 in Anderson County, TN. They had 2 children: William E., born August 1898, and James E., born about 1901, both in TN. Frona married Patt MCGHEE 29 March 1903 in Anderson County, TN. Patt was also a coal miner born about 1880 in GA. They had 2 children: Carl W., born about 1904, and Gladys M., born about 1907, both in TN.
95. MORGAN, William, was possibly William MORGAN, born August 1857 in PA, who was an engineer and widower with 6 children in the 1900 census for District 5, Anderson County, TN. The children were: _____ P., (daughter) born January 1878 in South Wales; Ruby R., born May 1882 in South Wales; Jessie V., born July 1887 in South Wales; Mable B., born June 1890 in South Wales; Dolly G., born August 1892 in TN; and, _____, (son) born September 1893 in TN (the names on the 1900 census sheet were very faded and hard to read).
96. O'DELL, David P., was born 18 June 1881 in TN. He was the son of Caleb Rankin "Creed" O'DELL and Martha BULLOCK. He was the brother of Minnie G. (O'Dell) GOANS (see #58) and Maggie D. (O'Dell) PITTMAN VANDERGRIFF (see #99). He was unmarried.
97. ORBEN, Charles R., Jr - no information.
98. PITMAN/PITTMAN, Hillery C., was born 26 January 1877 (or January 1875) in NC. He was the son of Mary J. PITTMAN. He was the brother of William Franklin PITTMAN (#99). He married Venia/Vena WOODS 27 November 1896 in Anderson County, TN. They had 1 child: Carl, born October 1897 in TN. Vena married John H. COTTER 26 February 1905 in Campbell County, TN. They had 4 children: Pauline D., born 1907 in TN; Clyde P., born about 1910 in NC; Cecil F., born about 1915 and Ruth G., born about 1918, both in IL In the 1930 census, the family was in East Peoria, Tazewell County, IL.
99. PITMAN/PITTMAN, William Franklin "Frank", was born 14 February 1879 in TN. He was also a son of Mary J. PITTMAN. He was the brother of Hillery C. PITTMAN (#98). He married Maggie D. O'DELL 24 December 1901 in Anderson County, TN. They had 1 child: Willie Frances, born 15 December 1902 in TN. Maggie was the daughter of Caleb Rankin "Creed" O'DELL and Martha BULLOCK and the sister of David P. O'DELL (#96). Maggie married William Cordell VANDERGRIFF 26 August 1904 in Anderson County, TN. They had 8 children: Clyde Lee, born 15 July 1905; Earl Charles, born 10 May 1907; Mildred T., born 15 December 1909; Grace I., born 21 January 1913; Ethel Louise, born 5 April 1915; Ralph Elmer, born 28 May 1919; Martha Ann, born 1922; and, Marjorie H., born 20 March 1926, all in TN. William was the brother of Monroe "Roe" VANDERGRIFF, who was later killed in the Cross Mountain mine explosion. Maggie lost her husband and brother in the explosion.
100. PRATT, James Taylor, was born 10 August 1860 in TN. He was the son of James Lafayette "J. L." PRATT and Lucy Mary Ann HODGES. He married Hannah Elizabeth "Lissie/Lizzie" FOX about 1884. They had 3 children: William Henderson, born 20 October 1886; Lillie Maude, born 5 September1889; and, Charles L., born May 1893, all in TN. Lissie was the daughter of Henderson FOX and Elizabeth Ann PYLES. Lissie married William Obey LOY 22 December 1903 in Union County, TN. They had 1 child, Sciotha, born and died 2 October 1904. Lissie married a LEACH after 1920.
101. PRINCE, Thomas R. "T. R.", was born 18 September 1875 in TN. He was the son of Richard PRINCE. He married Nancy Cordelia MASSENGILL 20 November 1894 in Anderson County, TN. They had 3 children: Lillie, born 17 January 1897; Bessie, born 17 August 1899; and, Carl, born 19 September 1900, all in TN. Nancy was the daughter of George W. MASSENGILL and Nancy Elizabeth SHARP. Nancy was a 1st cousin of Nicholas William MASSENGILL (#93).
102. PRICE, Robert, was born December 1872 in TN. He was the son of William PRICE and Mary Ann POE. He married Katie ROGERS 24 April 1890 in Knox County, TN. They had 4 children: Stella, born November 1892; William, born September 1895; Charles, born January 1898; and Floyd, born 1900-1901, all in TN. Katie married John Daniel "J. D." DAUGHERTY 24 September 1904 in Anderson County, TN. In the 1910 census for Knox County, TN, the 4 children of Robert and Katie (Rogers) PRICE were niece and nephews in the household of William M. PRICE, who was an older brother of Robert PRICE.
Copyright P. Bailey Francis 6 May 2011