|WHO WERE THE FRATERVILLE MINERS?|
103. REYNOLDS, Oscar, was born 7 September 1887 in TN. He is possibly the Oscar C. REYNOLDS, born September 1888 in TN, son of George W. and Bettie C. REYNOLDS in the 1900 census for Carroll County, TN. He was probably unmarried.
104. REYNOLDS, William M., was born March 1870 in TN. He was the son of John Quincy REYNOLDS and Hannah BULLOCK. He was the brother of John Franklin (#105) and Andrew J. (#106) REYNOLDS. He married Eliza F. "Lizzie" STANSBERRY 2 MARCH 1893 in Anderson County, TN. They had 3 children: Frances, born May 1894; Andrew, born July 1896; and, David, born December 1899, all in TN. Lizzie was the daughter of William Francis STANSBERRY and Elizabeth REED and the sister of David H. (#113) and Lewis T. (#114) STANSBERRY. Lizzie lost her husband and 2 brothers in the explosion.
105. REYNOLDS, John Franklin "Frank", was born April 1864 in TN. He was also a son of John Quincy REYNOLDS and Hannah BULLOCK. He was the brother of William M. (#104) and Andrew J. (#106) REYNOLDS. He married Talitha Elizabeth GREEN 7 November 1895 in Anderson County, TN. They had 3 children: Clifford "Clifton", born May 1897; Stella, born June 1899; and Pearl, born 1900-1901, all in TN. Talitha was the daughter of William G. "Bill" GREEN and Drusilla "Priscilla" DAVIS. She was the sister of James S. (#53) and Richard J. W. (#54) GREEN. Talitha died 13 July 1908, and her 3 children were in the Baptist Orphans' Home in Nashville, TN, in the 1910 census. Talitha lost her husband, 2 brothers, and 2 brothers-in-law, in the explosion.
106. REYNOLDS, Andrew J., was born March 1863 in TN. He was also a son of John Quincy REYNOLDS and Hannah BULLOCK. He was the brother of William M. (#104) and John Franklin (#105) REYNOLDS. He married Ella Almedia "Media" VANDAGRIFF 2 May 1900 in Anderson County, TN. They had no children. Almedia married Samuel Matthew ELLIOTT 29 May 1908 in Anderson County, TN. Samuel was also a coal miner. They had at least 1 child, John M., born 1909 in TN.
107. RIGGS, Thomas Lewis "Levi", was born 23 April 1884 in TN. He was the son of Elias M. RIGGS and Sarah Catherine "Cattie" BROOKS. He was the brother of Roy W. M. RIGGS (#108). He was unmarried.
108. RIGGS, Roy W. M., was born 8 July 1887 in TN. He was also a son of Elias M. RIGGS and Sarah Catherine "Cattie" BROOKS. He was the brother of Thomas Lewis "Levi" RIGGS (#107). He was unmarried. Sarah Catherine's mother died 2 May 1902, and 17 days later, she lost 2 sons. Sarah Catherine also lost 1st cousins, Henry C. (#10) and James A. (#11) BROOKS; a half-first cousin, Charley BROOKS (#13); and, a half-uncle, Richard S. W. BROOKS (#12).
109. ROBERTSON, Porter S., was born 13 August 1874 in TN. He was probably the son of Daniel ROBERTSON and Sarah C. INMAN. He married Lula about 1898. She was born October 1878 in TN. They had 1 child who died before the 1900 census. In the 1900 census for District 13, Anderson County, TN, Lula's mother, Sarah J. WALKER, born August 1856 in TN, was living with Porter and Lula.
110. ROBERTS, Walter A., was born 6 January 1860 in TN. He was possibly the son of Eliza ROBERTS. He married Mary Melvina SLOVER 28 January 1877 in Anderson County, TN. They had 10 children. They were: Martha Melcenia "Senia/Cenie", born January 1879 (see #90); Samuel N., born April 1880; George Samuel, born 29 January 1881; Daisy Sarah, born 12 February 1887; Nicie Jane, born 10 January 1889; Lelia Blanch, born 29 December 1889; Minnie Bell, born 9 April 1891; Ruth, born April 1893; Edith Elizabeth, born 2 November 1895; and, Gertrude Fannie "Gertie", born 2 September 1898, all in Anderson County, TN. Mary Melvina lost her husband; Uncle, William Houston (#130); her 1st cousins, John B. (#131), Samuel H. (#132), James R. (#133), and Samuel Logan (#134) SLOVER; and son-in-law, B. M. MCGHEE (#90), in the explosion.
111. ROBERTS, William H., was born 11 Nov 1863 in Polk County, TN. He was the son of Jonathan and Ann (Jory) ROBERTS, who were immigrants from Cornwall, England. He married Eliza J. "Elizabeth" WILSON 16 November 1890 in Anderson County, TN. They had 7 children, with 5 living in 1910. They were: Mary A., born January 1892; Della Jo, born August 1893; Willie, born March 1895; Jonathan T., born 13 September 1897, died 12 May 1900; Dewey Hobart, born 15 October 1889, died 30 Aug 1911; and, Henry, born 1902-1903, all in TN. Eliza was the daughter of Elisha Taylor WILSON and Mary Jane WEBB. Eliza died 2 January 1937 in Newark, NJ. William had 2 siblings: Elizabeth "Lizzie", born about 1852 in Cornwall, England, who married George Henry FAULL; and John, born about 1854 in Cornwall, England.
112. SORRELLS, Edgar, was born March 1888 in TN. He was the son of Stanley W. SORRELLS and Mattie MCFEE. He was unmarried.
113. STANSBERRY, David H., was born 7 July 1873 in TN. He was the son of William Francis STANSBERRY and Elizabeth REED. He was the brother of Lewis T. (#114) and Eliza F. "Lizzie" (see #104) STANSBERRY. He was unmarried.
114. STANSBERRY, Lewis T., was born 6 February 1871 in TN. He was also a son of William Francis STANSBERRY and Elizabeth REED. He was the brother of David H. (#113) and Eliza F. "Lizzie" (see #104) STANSBERRY. He married Lucinda Florence LINDSAY 21 February 1892 in Anderson County, TN. They had 5 children with 4 living in 1910. They were: Luke Roosevelt, born 11 October 1896; Thomas Jefferson "Jeff", born 10 September 1898; Bessie K., born 26 July 1900; and, Lois "Louise", born 1902-1903, all in TN. Lucinda Florence was the daughter of J. S. "Jay" LINDSAY and Bessie HEATHERLY.
Copyright P. Bailey Francis 6 May 2011