|WHO WERE THE FRATERVILLE MINERS?|
115. SMITH, John, "Red", was born about 1840 in NC. He was the father of Forrest SMITH (#116). He married, probably as his 2nd wife, Mary C. BROWN, 13 November 1898 in Anderson County, TN. They had 1 child, Kathlee, born about 1900 in TN. Mary had 3 children by a previous marriage. They were: Mattie E., born October 1881; Henry, born October 1886; and, Louella, born 8 August 1892, all in TN. Mary was still a widow in the 1910 census.
116. SMITH, Forrest, was born December 1884 in TN. He was incorrectly enumerated as Foster SMITH in the 1900 census for District 5, Anderson County, TN. He was the son of John "Red" SMITH (#115). He was unmarried.
117. SMITH, Robert H., age unknown, was born in TN. He married Emaliine BURTON 6 November 1895 in Anderson County, TN. They had 1 child, Nancy Jane, born 26 January 1901 in TN., who was enumerated with the surname, BURTON, age 9, in the 1910 census. Emaline also had a son, Jams BURTON, born about 1892 in TN. Emaline was the daughter of Edna Mae J. "Etna" BURTON. Emaline married James G. PIERCE 18 January 1903 in Anderson County, TN. They had a daughter, Edith, born 4 June 1909 in TN.
118. SMITH, Robert H., was born June 1876 in TN. He married Polly "Parley" SIMMONS before 1895. They had 3 children: Pearl, born June 1895; Bessie M., born 8 May 1898; and, Charlcie, born 1901-1902, all in TN. Polly married George LONG 17 December 1902 in Grainger County, TN. They had 4 children: Myrtle, born 25 April 1905; Jesse, born 4 March 1909; John Hickman, born 15 April 1913; and, Fred Harrison, born 24 January 1917, all in Grainger County, TN. Polly "Parley" was the daughter of Asberry "Berry" SIMMONS and Mahaley "Haley" COPE.
119. SMIDDY, Edward "Ed", was born 30 March 1880 in TN. He was the son of James Franklin SMIDDY and Mary "Pop/Polly" WOODS. He was the brother of Joseph "Joe" SMIDDY (#120). He married Nicy Ann "Nicie" GOANS 23 February 1902 in Anderson County, TN. Nicy was the daughter of George Washington GOANS and Almeda Alice LEINART. Nicy married James Luther TILLER 28 August 1906 in Campbell County, TN. They had 6 children. They were: Othel Carl, born 11 September 1907; Hazel Lou, born 1 June 1910; Mildred A., born 1903; Charlie, born 8 July 1915; Glenmore, born 1919; and, Bruce, born 21 September 1921, all in TN. Mary "Pop/Polly" (Woods) SMIDDY was a sister of Andrew "Andy" (#145) WOODS; aunt of Charles H. (#146) and Joel (#147) WOODS; and great aunt of John WOODS (#148). Almeda Alice (Leinart) GOANS was a sister of Melcena J. (Leinart) EVANS and an aunt of Lindsay Edgar (#44), Charles R. "Charley" (#45), and William (#46) EVANS.
120. SMIDDY, Joseph "Joe", was born September 1881 in TN. He was also a son of James Franklin SMIDDY and Mary "Pop/Polly" WOODS. He was the brother of Edward "Ed" SMIDDY (#119). He was unmarried.
121. STOOKSBURY, Andrew William, was born 16 June 1884 in TN. He was the son of John S. STOOKSBURY and Mary Elizabeth ADKINS. He was unmarried.
122. SEIVERS, Charles R., was born 29 March 1878 in TN. He was the son of Jacob SEIVERS and Mary Margaret A. CHAPMAN. He was unmarried. Mary Margaret A. (Chapman) SEIVERS was a sister of Mary Jane (Chapman) LEACH. Mary Margaret lost her son and twin nephews, William Luther (#75) and J. Luke (#76) LEACH in the explosion.
123. SCOTT, Alex B. was probably the Alex B. SCOTT, born May 1866 in TN, with wife, Sarah E., born June 1879, in the 1900 census for District 5, Anderson County, TN. He was probably the Alexander SCOTT who married Sallie MOZINGO 18 June 1886 in Anderson County, TN. Sallie was probably the daughter of Clinton R. MOZINGO and Louisa Eliza (possibly) LOWE. They had 2 children: Hattie, born October 1888, and William, born May 1890, both in TN. He may be Alexander SCOTT, age 13, son, in the household of Howard and Caroline SCOTT in the 1880 census for Calhoun, McMinn County, TN. In the 1910 census for Campbell County, TN, Sallie is in her parents' household and shown as divorced and having 2 livng children, who were not in the household with her.
124. SHARP, Jacob, was born 2 June 1857 in TN. He was the son of Eli SHARP and Sarah A. "Sally/Sadie" BURTON. He was the uncle of James F. "Frank" SHARP (#128). He married Mary J. BURRIS 9 April 1881 in Campbell County, TN. They had 3 children: Roscoe (#125), Rosa, born January 1882 (see #79); and, Benjamin "Lem" (#126), all born in TN. Sarah A. (Burton) SHARP was the daughter of John and Mariah BURTON and the grand aunt of Emaline (Burton) SMITH (see #117). Mary J. (Burris) SHARP lost her husband; sons Roscoe (#125) and Benjamin "Lem" (#126); and son-in-law, Leon C. MILLER (#79) in the explosion. She died 24 July 1895.
125. SHARP, Roscoe, was born 25 April 1881 in TN. He was the son of Jacob SHARP and Mary J. BURRIS. He was the brother of Benjamin "Lem" SHARP (#126). He was unmarried.
126. SHARP, Benjamin "Lem", was born 16 Jun 1888 in TN. He was also a son of Jacob SHARP and Mary J. BURRIS. He was the brother of Roscoe SHARP (#125). He was unmarried.
Copyright P.Bailey Francis 6 May 2011