|WHO WERE THE FRATERVILLE MINERS?|
152. WILSON, Marion, was probably F. Marion WILSON, born 3 July 1878 in TN. He was the son of George W. WILSON and Rebecca Ann "Becca" REED. He married Nancy Jane COOPER 29 March 1899 in Campbell County, TN. They had 2 children: Charles Washington, born 16 March 1900, and Bertha, born about 1903, both in TN. Nancy Jane was the daughter of Amon COOPER and Eliza Louisa J. HATMAKER. Nancy Jane married James Thomas "Tom" BRATCHER 23 December 1904 in Campbell County, TN. They had 9 children. They were: Verlie J., born 12 October 1905; Della Mae, born 1907-1908; Emmett W., born 13 January 1910; Cora M., born 27 January 1913; Arnold, born 1915-1916; Virgil, born 1917-1918; twins, Vivian and Lillian, born 13 August 1919; and Ella, born 15 August 1921, all in TN. Nancy died 30 July 1931 in Anderson County, TN.
153. WILSON, Robert Columbus, was born 4 July 1878 in TN. He was the son of John WILSON and Mary Elizabeth ADKINS. He was the nephew of George W. ADKINS (#1); and, the 1st cousin of James .T. (#14), Joseph Conda (#15), and Charles (#16) BENNETT, and Robert Conda ADKINS (#2). He was probably unmarried.
154. WILSON, Ernest J., was born 2 September 1879 in TN. He was the son of John A. WILSON and Amy Elizabeth BOUNDS. He married Sarah A. "Sallie" BENNETT 24 December 1901 in Anderson County, TN. They had 1 child, Earnest Magnolia WILSON, born 22 January 1902 in Anderson County, TN. Sarah was the daughter of William Frank BENNETT and Julia A. VOWELL. Sarah may have been the Sarah WILSON who married J. R. ROBERSON 10 October 1903 in Anderson County, TN. Earnest Magnolia was a granddaughter in the household of Julia A. BENNETT in the 1910 census for Campbell County, TN. Earnest married William "Willie" COPELAND 19 August 1921 in Campbell County, TN.
155. WEBB, Huston M., was born 6 July 1865 in TN. He was the son of James R. WEBB and Eliza J. HAYS. He was the father of Eli L. M. WEBB (#156); the brother of William James WEBB (#159); and, the 1st cousin of William W. HAYS (#71) and William Kelly (#157) and Conda "Condy" (#158) WEBB. He married Arminda "Minda" DABNEY 9 November 1884 in Campbell County, TN. They had 7 children. They were: Eli L. M. (#156); Oscar L., born January 1887; James Harrison, born 18 July 1889; John Thomas, born 4 January 1891; Elmer Earnest, born 31 May 1895; William, born 23 August 1897; and, Vina, born 1901, all in TN. Eliza J. (Hays) WEBB was the Aunt of William W. HAYS (#71). Arminda (Dabney) WEBB lost her husband, son (#156), brother-in-law (#159), and 1st cousin, Abner Thomas DABNEY (#41), in the explosion.
156. WEBB, Eli L. M., was born 28 August 1885 in TN. He was the son of Huston M. WEBB and Arminda "Minda" DABNEY. He was unmarried.
157. WEBB, William Kelly, was born 8 March 1868 in TN. He was the son of Elias WEBB and Mary Elizabeth AULT. He was the brother of Conda "Condy" (#158) and the 1st cousin of Huston M. WEBB (#155). He married Florence Elizabeth DABNEY 4 July 1891 in Campbell County, TN. They had 5 children with 3 living in 1910. They were: Gracie, born 13 December 1892; Mary Alice, born 10 December 1894; Herbert Bryant, born 25 August 1897; a stillborn infant born 19 April 1900; and Kathleen, born 21 August 1902, died 6 April 1903. Florence was the daughter of Prior Lee DABNEY and Rebecca A. "Becky" WILSON. Florence was the 1st cousin of Abner Thomas DABNEY (#41) and Arminda "Minda" (Dabney) WEBB (see #156).
158. WEBB, Conda "Condy", was born 2 June 1880 in TN. He was the son of Elias WEBB and Mary Elizabeth AULT. He was the brother of William Kelly WEBB (#157). He married Josephine B. "Josie" CHAPMAN 25 June 1901 in Anderson County, TN. They had 1 child, Conda W., born 25 September 1902 in TN. Josephine was the daughter of Archibald CHAPMAN and Marlena LEINART. Josephine married Oscar ADKINS 31 August 1906 in Campbell County, TN. They had 4 children: John Otis, born about 1907; Claude or George W., born about 1910; Dannie M., born about 1912; and, Lewis J., born about 1917, all in TN. Josephine lost her husband and brother, Samuel Scott CHAPMAN (#23), in the explosion. The Oscar ADKINS family was in the 1930 census for Alexander, Athens County, OH.
159. WEBB, William James, was born 6 October 1857 in TN. He was the son of James R. WEBB and Eliza J. HAYS. He was the brother of Huston M. WEBB (#155), and the 1st cousin of William W. HAYS (#71), and William Kelly (#157) and Conda "Condy" (#158) WEBB. He married Rosannah M. "Rosy" LEWALLEN 5 January 1879 in Campbell County, TN. They had 9 children. They were: Eliza Alice, born 7 November 1879; Houston Marion, born 2 September 1881; Nola, born 25 July 1883; Bernetty, born 2 October 1885; James Edgar "Jim", born 23 December 1887; Ida Pearl, born 15 September 1892; Ethel, born 25 July 1895; Laurence D., born 6 June 1898; and, William Ottis, born 2 September 1902. Rosannah was the daughter of Jesse LEWALLEN and Sarah Perk "Sallie" LEINART.
160. WHITTEN, James R., was born 7 August 1855 in TN. He married Mary about 1887. They had 8 children. The 4 children who were in their household in the 1900 census for Campbell County, TN, were: Henry (#161); James, born August 1892; Johnny, born December 1895; and Nancy, born July 1899, all in TN. Mary lost her husband and son in the explosion.
161. WHITTEN, Henry, was born 22 April 1890 in TN. He was the son of James and Mary WHITTEN. He was unmarried. He was the youngest known miner to have been killed in the explosion.
162. WEBBER, John F., was born 14 November 1878 in TN. He was the son of Christopher WEBBER and Nancy Amanda WALLACE. He was the half-brother of Rufus WEBBER (#163) and the maternal 1st cousin of Nicholas William "Nicklas" MASSENGILL (#93) and James A. WALLACE (#173). He was probably unmarried.
163. WEBBER, Rufus, was born 10 June 1875 in TN. He was the son of Christopher WEBBER. He was the half-brother of John F. WEBBER (#162). He married Ida J. BURTON 19 February 1898 in Anderson County, TN. They had 1 child, Irene, born 16 March 1902 in TN. Ida was the daughter of Lipscomb BURTON and Mary Elizabeth BURRIS. Ida married (1) Joseph R. "Joe" BAILEY 8 April 1893. Ida married (3) George W. SANDERS 18 December 1912 in Anderson County, TN. They had no children. Ida lost her husband; half-brother-in-law (#162); and, her 2nd cousin, Nicholas William "Nicklas" MASSENGILL (#93). George and Ida were in the 1920 census for Anderson County, TN.
164. WALLACE, Charles A., was born 24 October 1874 in TN. He was the son of Pharaoh WALLACE and Martha A. LAMAR. He was the brother of John C. (#165) and William E. "Willie" (#168) WALLACE and the maternal 1st cousin of Pharaoh C. "Chid" GREEN (#52). He married Frances C. HORTON 22 October 1900 in Anderson County, TN. They had 1 child, Edith, who died 15 June 1902 before her 2nd birthday. Frances married Arthur Middleton BEEM 21 June 1905, probably in Knox County, TN. They had 5 children: Gladys, born about 1907 in TN; Mable, born about 1910 in GA; Cecil, born about 1912 in GA; Lawrence, born about 1913 in GA; and, Nella May, born about 1917 in GA. The family was in Knox County, TN, in 1910 and Sparks County, GA, in 1920.
Copyright P. Bailey Francis 6 May 2011